AUL (MyDUL) has recovered a lot of data for global customers. As it can read the rows out from data files without Oracle environment just as Oracle DUL can do, we can use it in the following case when you have no valid backup (Sometime customer have backup but it's incomplete or corrupted, and cannot be used for data recovery) available, sometime it is the last solution for data recovery.
- 1. Lost system tablespace
- 2. System tablespace corrupted
- 3. Tablespace dropped but data files still exist
- 4. Table dropped if no new object has reused the freed space
- 5. Table truncated with reuse storage option
- 6. Table truncated, but no new object has reused the freed space
- 7. Missing some data files for a given tablespace
- 8. Other cases that I don't list.
Features supported by AUL(MyDUL).
- Supports Oracle 8/8i/9i/10g/10g/11g
- Supports Table/Cluster/IOT
- Data types fully supported
- LONG RAW
- TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE
- Data can be extracted to flat file, or Oracle 8.1.7 compatible DMP file.
- Written in standard C language, run on Windows (VC6), Linux (gcc), Solaris (gcc)
- Cross-platform recovery support, recover rows from different platform data files
- CLOB/BLOB supported with SYSTEM available.
- Support inline-lob, enable storage in row LOB and disable storage in row LOB.
- LOB with different CHUNK size in the same table is not supported.
- LOB can be extracted to flat file or separate flat files or files in DMP format
- CLOB unicode can be converted to GBK/UTF8
- Compress table supported in AUl 5 version.
Features does not supported by AUL(MyDUL).
- Oracle 7
- Compressed IOT table
- BFILE not supported
- 10g BIGFILE tablespace not supported
AUL is not free software. By default you can only open maximum 2 data files, and data stored behind the 256MB cannot be recovered, unless you get the full license and register it.